SENDCo Contact – Alexandra Edwards (SENDCo) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunnyside Spencer Academy is an inclusive school where diversity is celebrated, our children valued equally and encouraged to SHINE.
At Sunnyside Spencer Academy we work on the belief that no child should be left behind. and individualise our support to ensure the success of every child. We use our SHINE ethos and curriculum, differentiated to meet individual needs and abilities.
Effective management systems and procedures are in place for SEND, taking into account the SEND Code of Practice. Open communication is managed as a partnership between the SEND coordinator (SENDCo), teaching staff and home. Children take an active role in their learning, including target setting and understanding their own progress and the assess, plan, do , review cycle is interwoven in the support school offers.
We are continuously analysing our pupils needs through weekly RAG meetings and data analysis, early identification of needs.
Working in collaboration with the child and the family, we agree targets and the steps needed to meet the long term, yearly targets.
Delivery of interventions, work and activities to meet Steps to Success.
Weekly monitoring, intervention meetings, RAG meetings, pupil and parent meetings, outside agency observations.
- A copy of the Nottinghamshire County Council Local Offer is available here.
- A copy of the school SEND policy is available here and the Code of Practice here.
- For the current SEND Information Report click here.
- For our SEND Walk Through please click here.
- Sunnyside’s Local Offer is available here.
- The school Accessibility Plan can be accessed here.